background

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Strawberry Festival Fun!

My parents' church has a yearly strawberry festival, and this was the first year the boys could go! I always try to go, and was going to bring them last year, but I think they were sick at the time. So we were excited to come check it out! My friend Laura came with us (she'll be bringing her baby girl with us next year!!) and we went to the Carmel Farmer's Market first. I thought it would be fun to check out, but there wasn't really anything I wanted to buy. Maybe it's too early for produce? It seemed like there were lots of breads and meat and other things to buy, but not really veggies or fruit! It was a nice day though, so we enjoyed the stroll. Then we walked up the Monon Trail to where the strawberry festival was.

We got four bowls of "the works", which meant cake, strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream! What's not to like?! :) At first Holden was a little hesitant, but I told him it was cake and he was game. Our friends Candice, Steve, and Addison joined us, and the boys enjoyed seeing her! (They said, "Adds" for her name :)  I always mean to try and promote it to get people to come since it's so much fun, but forgot to put it on Facebook until the night before. Next year I will give you all a better heads up! Grandma had fun feeding them and wiping up the sticky mess, and the boys enjoyed running around after they'd finished. Then Papa showed up on his motorcycle, and they got to check that out for the first time. 

So after some quality grandparent time and a good sugar high, we got back on the Monon and headed home. The last picture shows what happened on the way to the car! They haven't fallen asleep in the stroller for a long time!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment