background

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Four months...and shots

Another month gone by...hard to believe! The boys are getting to be so much fun! Not that we didn't like them before, but it's pretty great to have them smile up at you when you pick them up. We've had some changes and some challenges in the past month. We finally ditched the carseats in the cribs after Christmas, so they're sleeping just in their swaddles. They had a rough few days adjusting to sleeping flat, and it's still tough sometimes because Henry does still spit up. I was gone for four days at my friend's wedding, and I think the combination of me being gone and them still being sick and stuffy messed with our sleep/eat schedule. We're slowly getting back on track. They go down between 8:30 and 9 pm and can sleep until anywhere between 1:30 and 5:30 am, usually closer to 3:30, when they wake up to eat. The boys are in size 2 diapers now, and 3-6 month clothes. Still no major milestones, like rolling over or grabbing at toys, but they are definitely more social. They smile, laugh and "talk" to people holding them and track any movement around them. (I think they're starting to notice Lanore, since she likes to go sniff them, but I'm sure they have no idea what to make of her yet!) 

Our doctor visit was not a fun one. I was hoping the boys would be over 13 pounds, but Holden was 12.13 and Henry was 12.8. Holden is 24 inches long, and Henry 23 1/4 inches. So that puts Holden in the 5 percentile and Henry only in the 3rd. Kind of a bummer, but I've heard that growth can taper off around this time, and I have to remember they were small at birth. And I think we're making that back up now that they're healthier again. I had been dreading the shots, even though our doctor said they were the same as the two month shots. The boys never had a fever, so I never gave them any Tylenol, but they have been so fussy ever since. I wish I had given them something, because I'm guessing their legs hurt from the shots. I guess it could also be a combination of them being more aware of what's going on around them and that they're just bored of sitting around. I can tell they want to sit up or stand on our laps, but they're still too small to play in their exersaucer or jumperoo. This is a picture Alex took of Holden when he fell asleep on my lap while we were waiting before their shots. I thought it was a cute one, I love that he's holding my hand. :) We also found out the boys have eczema, and the doctor prescribed a steroid cream to use. I'm not crazy about it, but I hate that they're constantly scratching their heads or rubbing their heads on us. We try not to give them too many baths or anything that can irritate their skin. Hopefully they'll outgrow it!

And here are the four month shots! Pretty soon they'll be trying to get away from me when we do these. For now, it's fun that they can almost sit up on their own!



No comments:

Post a Comment