background

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

H&H Are Two! Morning at the Apple Orchard


Ah! I will try to avoid the cliché "how did my babies turn two" stuff, but really...how did that happen? :) I think I'm mostly ready for it, though. They are a lot of fun (and still crazy) at this age. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, yum, and then I let them open one of their presents. It's so cute that they're all about it and into it now! Holden can really rip the paper and Henry asked him for help. They opened their "noisy" puzzles that make sound when you put the pieces back in. I was pretty impressed that they could complete them both right away!
 
After breakfast, we went to Tuttle's Apple Orchard. We had gone there last year on their birthday, and September is a good time for picking apples, so I figured we'd give it a shot! It ended up being a really beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. They had a few animals that we checked out at the beginning; I think it was a llama and the boys called it a goat. Once we headed into the apples, Henry loved pulling the wagon that they give you, and Holden really got into picking the apples. And he liked to pull the leaves and stem off the apple once he got it off the tree! As usual I had a hard time getting one of the two of them together, but hopefully the pictures show we were all there having a nice morning. Since it was a Wednesday it was pretty empty except for a few other moms and kids. We went into the store at the end for some cider and apple butter and Holden loved holding the jug of cider. I think he held it the whole way home! When we got home, it was time for a nice nap! A good start to a second birthday. :)
 
 
 
 































 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment