background

Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July fun


We had a fun 4th of July week, but I didn't get too many pictures! We went to a parade in my friend Christie's neighborhood. They had a fire truck that led the parade, and then kids could climb in it afterwards. But they mostly liked sitting up in the truck! They definitely liked looking at it and pointing out things like the ladder. Christie had her camera so most of these are from her.

The actual 4th ended up being pretty quiet. I wanted to get a picture of them in their bedroom chair, since I have a super cute one of them from last year. But of course Holden completely refused to sit in the chair and cried, so I had to give up. :( Definitely bummed about that, but guess I'll try again next year. We didn't do anything in the morning, and then after their nap we went to my mom's cousin Bonnie's house to visit for a while. They enjoyed playing with the trucks she had for them and we got to sit and catch up for a minute. My Great-uncle Bon gave them some ice (which they are obsessed with) so that was cute that he could spend some time with them. Then we headed on to Carmelfest!

We didn't stay too long, there either, but we had a fun time walking around. We got an elephant ear and a lemon shake up that the boys got to share with me. Yum! We headed to the children's area because I knew there was going to be a petting zoo. The boys loved looking at the animals and especially the goats! Wish I had gotten a few more pictures there too, but as usual it's too tough to get it out and keep track of the boys. We got a few other things to eat and sat near the music area while the boys ran around with a few other little kids. It is always SO crowded there, but I think the boys enjoy looking at all the vendors and people. I hope next year we can see the Carmel Symphony as well, so the boys can see some violin players up close! I got to look at some of the cute booths and then we decided it was time to head home. Wish we could have stayed up for fireworks, but hopefully next year it will be a lot of fun. This year it's better to stick to our sleep schedule, since rested twins are happy twins! :)




"Why do we have to do this, mom?"
Also not happy about picture time.


Goats!








No comments:

Post a Comment