background

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a good first Mother's Day. We were all sick, so it could have been better in some aspects, but I know I'm really lucky! (Two beautiful, healthy boys and a loving husband who's a great cook!) I love my little family. I got to stay in bed a little bit in the morning, Alex got the boys up and made breakfast (my favorite biscuits...although really I like any biscuits, and gravy). We hung out and got ready slowly, and took a few pictures outside. It was a pretty day!! The boys' shirts say My Mom is the Best. :)

Then we went to Chili's for a late lunch and wandered around Buy Buy Baby for a while. The boys did pretty good at the restaraunt, and it was cute how all the servers came over to look at them and tell us how cute they were! Everyone was really sweet and kept wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. We tried a shopping cart for the first time at Buy Buy Baby, and the boys weren't really a fan. We switched them back and forth a few times and just carried one of them; I'm sure they'll get used to carts as they get a little bigger. They still look so small in them! (Guess I should have bought a cart cover thing, since that would have made them fit better. But I think with there being two of them, they won't spend that much time in store carts! They'll either be in the stroller or at home with daddy!)

We just hung out at home the rest of the day. I think I took an afternoon nap when the boys did, since we were all still feeling yucky. We got the boys to bed and then Alex made our yummy dinner. If he's cooking something complicated, it's just easier to eat later and get them taken care of first. We had baked ziti, salad, garlic bread and some pink wine (my fave!) and chocolate pot du creme for dessert! And that was that! A good day with family, couldn't ask for more. (Although next year we will hopefully all be healthy...that would be nice.)

 
Holden is on the left this time...but you knew that, right? :)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment