background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Play date host!

It was finally my turn to host the weekly playdate on Friday! Woo! At least it gave me a good excuse to clean and make some of my favorite foods. I made a chicken taco bar, with the really easy recipe here and of course my DELICIOUS recipe for salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars here (a little complicated, maybe, but so worth it!) and just had chips, my famous chip dip, and other yummy stuff, like apples and apple dip. (Ok, a lot of dips, but who doesn't like that?) I should've taken some fancy pictures so I could pin them on pinterest or something. :) Maybe next time.

Recipe for apple dip: 2 bricks cream cheese, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup powdered sugar (or a little less, to your taste) and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Mix together. Sprinkle toffee chips on top! Serve with apples (Granny Smith are good) and put pineapple juice over apples to keep from browning. (Recipe credit to Ashley! Yum.)

Recipe for chip dip: (A long time Leah party fave...and occasionally a lazy dinner at the Amerman house...) one package chive and onion cream cheese, one can no-bean chili, and 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese layered in a pie pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 or until cheese is melty. Serve with tortilla or corn chips!


See? Tried to get Avery and Will in there, but they're on the move!!

I was so glad people could make it, since it's a holiday weekend. The boys and I had a great time! There are several babies who can crawl and are very mobile, so it was an eye-opener to see what stuff we'll need to make baby-proof. (Yeah, I know, everything!) It's so cute to see how fast they move, under the table, to the back door, through the kitchen...these kids are fast! :) They liked looking at Lanore, but I kept her outside or in the bedroom, since not everyone has an excitable dog at home. I tried to take a few pictures, but it's hard! I want to take better pictures but the babies are constantly in motion. Guess I need to just not be shy about keeping the camera out. (This last one is not great...but it was to show Alex that the babyproofing we've done is not quite finished yet! We bought some padding for the coffee table but hadn't actually taped/secured it down yet. So Findley and Will had no problem yanking it right off!!) Can't wait until it's our turn to host again! And the baby birthday party circuit has started....so we'll be seeing plenty of our friends over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment