background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Busy weekend

We had a busy weekend last week! We made it to our support group on Friday, which is always a good way to start the day. The boys love to watch all the other babies, and I can usually get them to lay on their tummies for a few minutes since there's so much noise and so many people to watch. Grandpa came over at lunch time to hold the boys for an hour, which we all enjoy. Friday night I talked to my friend Emily, who was in town for the weekend. She was my college roommate, and I hadn't seen her in a long time! So I was excited she could come meet the babies.

Saturday, Emily came over and our friend Ashlyn came over. It was funny to see Emily around the babies, since she'd never held babies before. :) She did a great job, and got to hold each boy for a while. (I posted a few pictures in my earlier blog.) Then the boys stayed home with daddy, and mommy got to go out to lunch and shopping with the girls! It was great to catch up. Sometimes it's hard to believe that it's been six years since we were all in school together, because when we sit back down to have lunch, it's like no time has passed. It's great to have friends like that! We bought some cute baby clothes, so I'll post a picture of their new outfits from Emily and Ashlyn when they grow into them. It was nice to spend so much time with the girls, and funny to think about how our lives have changed in those six years. Emily kept saying how she couldn't believe I had two babies, and honestly sometimes I can't believe it still myself!

Sunday, the boys' grandparents came up for a visit! We hadn't seen Alex's parents in a while either, so it was good to catch up with them, as well. Alex's dad helped him with one of the cars and looked around in our master bathroom. (Long story...we started working on it before the babies were born...and sadly, it's still not done! That's a post in itself...perhaps I will tell the tale when/if the bathroom is finally DONE.) The boys were in a good mood, so we decided we could take a chance and go out to dinner. We went to Puccini's, one of my favorite pizza places, and the boys did great! They stayed in their carseats for most of the dinner, and seemed pretty content to look around and just hang out. The waitress got us our food really fast (it was early, but I'm sure she could tell we wanted to get in and out before any meltdowns!) They started to fuss right at the end of dinner, so we got them out of their seats and held them for a few minutes. We got a few pictures with Grandma A's camera, so I'll post them when she sends them to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment